Friday, December 10, 2010

Not from Montauk

First and foremost, I want to let you know that I am not from Montauk, do not have family or friends in Montauk and frankly I am not even a fan of the place.  The only time I have been to Montauk is on drunken boat trips across Long Island Sound with friends which were only enjoyable because of the amount of alcohol we consumed on the ride there (the way back was not as enjoyable). 






My nickname is the "Montauk Monster" because I was intrigued by the story where an unidentified creature allegedly washed onto the shore in the business district in Montauk, NY. The media tried to cover up the story by saying it was a "raccoon, sloth, sheep, dog or a possum." That is bullshit; lets give this little guy credit for what he is. He is a bad ass Monster that escaped from Plum Island Animal Disease Center (which is another topic in itself), and attempted to make his swim to freedom one stormy night; similar to the unsuccessful escape attempts in the past from Alcatraz, this little guy was shot. He sacrificed his life trying to get the word out about Plum Island.


This leads me to wonder, how many of these stories are covered up in the media because "the man" does not want you to know the real facts?  How many Montauk Monsters are not getting credit for what they do and who they are because the government wants to cover up projects or the real story? 


Now don't worry, I am not some conspiracy theorist who is going to try and crack the JFK assassination or attempt to blame 9/11 on the United States.  I am simply trying to take random news stories and put my twist on them using as much humor and sarcasm I can possibly spew out before I get sick of typing. I am not some English major who will blow you away using terms such as "quid pro quo" to get my point across, but hopefully you will get a laugh (even if it is at my expense).


Read all about the real Montauk Monster here.

No comments:

Post a Comment