Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not so "Happy" Meal

Read the original story here

Every now and then I come across a story that I have to read twice because I cannot believe how crazy it is.  This morning I was shocked when this hypothetical "gold" landed in front of me while I was checking the top news stories.

(Warning: Criticism of lazy parents to follow)

"(CNN) - A California woman is suing McDonald's claiming the fast-food giant uses toys to market directly to young children." (Isn't that the point? Define "Marketing")

"(CNN) - Monet Parham, a 41-year old state employee, says her kids repeatedly ask for Happy Meals, mainly for the toys. "We have to say no to our kids so many times and McDonald's makes that so much harder to do. I object to the fact that McDonald's is getting into my kids' heads without my permission and actually changing what my kids want to eat."

Sorry Monet (and it's a sign that you can change one letter in your name to make it "money"), but this is the stupidest lawsuit I have ever heard of.  I know times are tough, but how are you going to sue McDonald's because they put toys in with their kids' meals? 

"We have to say no to our kids so many times and McDonald's makes that so much harder to do." Really?  Are you going to blame Sony because your stupid kids stay up late and watch TV? Or we can all sue Taco Bell because we were so intrigued with that little Chihuahua that all we did was eat gordidas for 11 months straight?

I have an idea Monet, how about you step up and be a fucking parent?  "Mommy, Mommy, I want McDonald's tonight..."  This is how you handle that one, "No."  You are the parent and you need to act like it.

If this is just for the money, and you find a good enough lawyer who will get you some, I think you should be counter sued for wasting every ones time who is involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment