Friday, December 10, 2010

Not so "Awesome"

Click here to read original story

Douglas Allen Smith Jr of Eugene, Ore, legally changed his name to "Captain Awesome" last month.  When I read this story it immediately pissed me off more than I could explain.  Mr. Smith (I refuse to call him Captain Awesome) obviously does not care much about himself or his future.


Also, he has one of the worst senses of humor ever (doing this is the equivalent of telling a knock knock joke).  The name change was not even original either, he stole the idea from the show "Chuck," and you know if he watches Chuck, he must be a loser (sorry Chuck fans).


I know that Mr. Smith has no plans to be married (who wants the name "Awesome") or have children because who can take this guy seriously?  Nothing about being a cabinet installer in Oregon is "awesome."  Maybe if he had a real skill that would merit such a name I would give him more credit; but how awesome can you be at installing cabinets? "Wow, you really hung that cabinet awesome, Captain Awesome!" Shut up.






Ocho Cinco (Chad Johnson) can pull off a name change like that because he has a ton of money and the IQ of a rock so people just turn their heads. In Mr. Smith's case, he only has one of the two (cabinet installers don't make a ton of money I assume).


Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cabinet installers or people from Oregon.  However I do have a lot against assholes that change their name to something stupid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment