Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spider-Man (Not bird)

Read the original story here

Superman is to kryptonite as Spider-Man is to ___________? If you guessed "gravity," you are correct!  Stay with me on this one...

New York (CNN) -- An actor was injured after a fall during a performance of the musical "Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark" in New York on Monday night.

Yes, that is right.  During a performance yesterday, the heroic Spider-Man fell 20 feet (or about 6 meters to anyone not in the U.S) and was "wheeled off stage in a neck brace and taken to the hospital."  I was never a huge Spider-Man fan growing up, probably because I already knew he was a pussy that couldn't handle a 20 foot fall.

The fans at this show must have been pissed!  Spider-Man is typically seen swinging between sky-scrapers, 50-70 stories high while fighting off bad guys left and right.  Yesterday, these fans saw Spider-Man fall the equivalent of two stories and get taken away by ambulance.  I don't know about you, but I would demand my money back.

"A producer then came by and said the show was over, Dealwis said. Some people "clapped awkwardly," and one girl "laughed mockingly," drawing "disapproving glances" from others."

The fact that this girl "laughed mockingly" has restored my faith in Broadway fanatics.  I am just happy that one person in the theater understood the irony of what they just saw. Anyways, get well Spider-Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment